We’re Games Omniverse, an indie game company in the early stages of development on our first product. We’re creating rich story and delivering it via a puzzle adventure game. We have a passion for games and for our own particular fields. We’re self-starters, ready to tackle the challenges of our roles and look for ways to improve our product. We understand that hard work gets us where we want to go.
We’re always on the look-out for others like ourselves! We work closely with one another and are team-oriented. We give honest respectful feedback on all work and expect you to do the same.
If you join us you’ll be working with a broad array of talent, including a couple comic and game industry veterans.
We need someone with a strong sense of beauty and spookiness to help us improve our UI. We want a cohesive look that fits our creepy old Victorian mansion of dark wood, stone, and tarnished brass.
We want a cohesive look for all our UI elements, including:
- a frame we could use for pop-ups of different sizes (resizeable 9-piece preferred for size flexibility)
- a dozen icons/buttons
- a frame for the character window with dialogue bar that comes and goes
- a decorative band for the bottom of the window (will need to incorporate the UI elements we have (phone, backpack, keys, etc.)
- An expanding display window for our HOG objects & inventory, includes an extra section at the bottom for object hints
- a frame for chapter titles
- improved design for the main menu elements that incorporate the same UI look as the rest
- feedback on other elements of our UI that you feel could be improved
Estimated time required: 16 hours of work total. Much of the design, once determined, will be reused in all elements. We work in layers, so most of these elements will be on transparent backgrounds and we may ask that you create certain parts on their own layers. We will require layered Photoshop (.PSD) files of the completed elements.
The pay is $300 for the entire project, on final acceptance of work complete, and we’ll give you credit as UI Artist in the game credits and on the website. I’d require mock-ups first, sketches, so we can give feedback before any final work is tackled. And, we already know where the different elements will be on the screen. We just want them to look nicer than they do now. 🙂
- Your Mission (if you choose to accept it): Help us bring our UI to a new level of beauty and spookiness.
To apply, email a link to your online portfolio to email@example.com and tell us why you’re the right person for the job. If we work well together, there could be future contracts as well.