“The only thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your mind, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build and play and dance and live as only you can.”
— Neil Gaiman
Story is where a good game begins!Hi! We’re a vagabond group of game artists, developers, and writers, all interested in making our own game. We’re not a corporate entity, though the business is an LLC. We’re tiny and sincere, moving forward by the seat of our pants or the straps of our boots, if you prefer. We are completely funded by teammate donations, and that means we have to be very frugal while still making the best game we possibly can.
We’re creating a 2-D puzzle-adventure game that is story-centric with puzzles and mysteries to solve.
- We believe that story is where a good game begins and that design should follow closely behind. Not the other way around, as it has been in the industry for so long. So, we’re starting with our story and building our game around it.
- We believe that making a great game doesn’t mean we have to kill ourselves or each other. We’re working hard, but working smart, working digitally, and working together.
- We believe that women designers and developers are an underrated population in the games industry, and we are aiming for gender parity or even a slight majority. We’re smart, sassy, and sexy people who love games and want to make them.
We can’t wait for you to see what we’re making!
- Games Omniverse was founded in May 2013 by Angel Leigh McCoy.
- The team changes in size and organization regularly, but averages about 14 core people who are working on it at any one time.
Be Our Patron, Please!
We are scrappy and happy, but in order to bring our dreams to fruition, we need the financial partnership of others. Please do consider donating or subscribing at Patreon. We will be forever grateful and will keep making fun story and games as long as we can afford to. If you can’t afford it, we understand. Please at least share our site with your social media friends. That helps more than you know. Thanks!
- Subscribe to us at Patreon.com/diremultiverse and receive special perks for your support!
- Look to the right column for our donation button. Thank you, thank you!
- You can make a one-time donation, if you’d like, to help us keep the lights on. Game design in the dark isn’t as much fun as it sounds.
- Also, check out our Jobs page, chat with us on the forums, join the group on Facebook, and tell your friends about us!